Sterilization in our dental clinic
We work to ensure that proper controls and precautions are in place to protect both you, your family, and our staff because safety is our first priority. High levels of sanitation and dental sterilization are actively practiced to provide you with the safest environment.
Practices to ensure your safety
The team at Kevin Spees Dentistry follows all procedures recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
Our steam sterilizers, dental autoclaves, and dental sterilizers are some of the many state-of-the-art dental sterilization machines we use to ensure your health and safety. These machines help clean dental instruments by killing bacteria and viruses on contact through heat, pressure, and steam.
We make sure surfaces are safe and clean by:
- Sterilizing all non-disposable equipment after and before each use
- Using disposable materials when possible
- Requiring the use of gloves and face masks for both staff and clients
- Keeping disinfectant hand soap and sinks available in the office
- Sanitizing countertops, surfaces, and exam rooms with EPA approved disinfectants
When an instrument cannot be discarded, they are thoroughly cleaned and sterilized before and after each use. The process below ensures proper dental sterilization practices are followed:
- Clean – Before they are sterilized, each instrument is cleaned using ultrasonic cleaners, which completely remove all bacteria, germs, and other debris.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in medical packaging and remain in sealed until they are ready for use.
- Sterilization – Instruments are then sterilized using FDA approved dental autoclave sterilizer machines
- Disinfect – After every use, all machines and surfaces are thoroughly disinfected using EPA approved surface cleaners.
After the above process, our instruments are safely stored until your visit. As always, we follow best practices so that your visit to our office is as worry-free as possible during these times.
Use of disposable materials
Most, if not all of the materials we use in our patient care practice are disposable. These include gloves, face shields, masks, and gowns, as well as gauze, brushes, and floss. Such items are safely discarded after every use.
Our commitment to you
As a staff, we collectively take rigorous training in infection control to make sure the most advanced techniques are being utilized.
Should you ever have any questions, please ask! We’re happy to provide more detailed descriptions and information concerning the steps we take to protect you and your family. We look forward to seeing you soon!